Monday, January 24, 2011

ohh baby... I think I wanna marry you

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning


I sometimes do not even know how i managed to get a man like Jon Mullins. I have looked back on my life a lot this last year and a half and thought about all the things i have gone through in this short 24 years of life. Lets go back a few years... I never had a guy in my life until i was 20, it might have been 19. I remember praying so much for a man that God wanted me to have, someone who would complement me in every way. Some girls make a list of all the things they want... and man.. did i make a list. It is so funny how God's since of humor works. He has filled everything I wanted in Jon. Let me share with you some of the things that were on my list...I wanted to find a man that i could be in church with & worship with, I wanted to love going to church with someone and just stand there singing & feel like we are worshiping together. I wanted someone who i felt was like me in aspect that people or our friends would feel comfortable coming to just to talk or to open up about something going on in their life. I wanted a man that could be a strong leader- while I am a strong leader myself i wanted a man that i didn't feel like i had to step back or take the back seat while they lead. (Jon will be the head of our home, but we make choices together & he is so considerate of how i feel.) ... i won't continue with all the things that are on my list... =]
I write here because i feel like it is a great way for my to communicate how i am feeling, and weather or not anyone ever reads this... it has allowed me express things that i need to say. Of course Jon will listen to me, but other may get tired of listening to "how in love" i am.

But my ultimate reason for writing this is to truly express how thankful I am for the love that I have from Jon. I am going to marry him...He is going to be my husband.
thank you Lord for a strong, Godly man that loves me with all his heart. I am beyond blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment